Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Little Adventure

My daughter starts Kindergarten next week and if I'm being completely honest, my feelings are mixed. I am incredibly excited for and undeniably proud of my little girl as she embarks on this new chapter in her little life. I am also heartbroken at the thought of her absence for 6+ hours each day. Selfish, I realize....but I can't deny it.

In light of this momentous change in our lives, I decided to kick off our next phase with a little bonding adventure - just us girls. My daughter and I flew down to Raleigh, NC to visit my closest friend for five days and we had an absolute blast. We spent our week at the kids museum, a butterfly conservatory, weaving our way through a life-sized dinosaur trail, exploring the local farmers market, dancing, swimming and of course, eating!

Season and the pilot of her first ever plane ride!

This week, I saw some delightful traits in my five year old girl. She's an excellent traveler, she dances like no one is watching - any time she hears music, she has the fearless need for speed and she's curious about everything she sees and everyone she meets. No wonder I'm going to miss her.


In my absence, my husband Tom held down the fort and for the first time, did some baking. To ease my mind, he promised to send me a video of his progress. This is what he sent.....


2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun having you both here! The wonderful bolognese sauce is gone. Didn't you tell me that you were leaving lots of leftovers? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!! Glad you and Season got to spend some time together like that. That is something really special! Make sure you have tissues for Thursday...I know I'm gonna need 'em!

    ReplyDelete