Monday, May 2, 2011

Storm Pride


I wanted to post today to thank my team, the Warwick STORM, for a most heartwarming gift.

After attending their game on Saturday, the team surprised us and presented Season and I with the items above.

For me, a team jersey, which I can't wait to wear and then proudly display in the bakery at the end of the season.

For my daughter (in case you don't know her, she's the incredibly loud, but enthusiastic little girl cheering in the stands), a pair of poms poms and a STORM cheerleader Barbie.  Those girls have no idea how happy they made one little fan!

I was struck the past few games by how supportive these 9 and 10 year old players are of one another, and how respectful they are to their opposing team members.  They cheer, clap and praise each other when they score and encourage each other when they don't.  There is no pettiness, no drama, no negativity.

What an example they set for us all.

Thanks, girls!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thank you for this...we are so happy to have you as a sponsor and thrilled that you and Season are enjoying softball. It's a great sport for all. The way the girls handle themselves on and off the field is one of the main resaons why I love coaching them. A fantastic group of girls!!!

    ReplyDelete